Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Nairobi (Chapter 1)


After our Zambia safari my parents flew back to the States and I flew up to Nairobi. The city blew me away. Not only are there sky scrapers, there are even movie theaters! (It probably has more in common with the states than with Malawi). I got in a day before my bro and S-I-L, and had time to do a few touristy things. Topping the list was definitely hand feeding Rothschild Giraffes. I also saw Karen Blixen’s house (now a museum), it is indeed located at the foot of the ngong hills. It was overpriced but neat to see. I met up with Pat and Cathleen at the hotel that night, and the next morning it was off to Tanzania.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to read all the stories on your post (I'm rushing off to UFT training at the moment) but the pictures are absolutely beautiful. I love the pic of you hugging the giraffe. -love meg (letts)