Sunday, December 03, 2006

Zikomo! (thank you)

Thanks to all of your contributions we have been able to raise $5,851 so far for Gracious Secondary School. As you all know, this money will be used to build desks for the students, and hopefully, (as the amount continues to grow) to provide the school with other needed supplies (textbooks, etc.) We're gladly still accepting donations.

I am continuing to raise money, and promote awareness before my departure. I will be giving a presentation/slide show about MCV and my future work there, at the Unitarian Universalist Church on Sunday, December 10th. My talk will take place after services (around 11:30) and anyone is welcome to come. The church is located at 3024 Cooley Rd, Canandaigua.

I'll also be working with the 7th grade students of CASTLE Middle School in NYC (where I used to teach), who have generously volunteered to raise money for Gracious Secondary School. I'll be in NYC Dec 14-17 to teach the kids about Africa, go to a XMas party, and hopefully see all of you that live in NYC.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Condorman, I know you sent an email about it but you should post information here on the site about how to donate money. I would be interested in doing so, perhaps I'll just give you a check in person at the Christmas party.