Saturday, September 01, 2007

Takaungu



Takaungu is a small village where an amazing NGO called the East African Center (http://www.eastafricancenter.org/) is located. After hearing about the EAC from two former volunteers: both my sister and Nick Booster, I simply had to check it out. I was pleased, but not at all surprised to find that just about every Kenyan there remembered both Megan and Nick. My boda boda (Kenyan bicycle taxi) driver, Hunter, told me that Nick was his best friend. And the Community Health Care workers' faces all lit up with smiles when I said I was Megan's brother. (My sister, a nurse & future midwife, wrote some of their training curriculum). I was definitely impressed with the work the EAC does, and also with the beauty of Takaungu itself.

The first picture is of the inlet next to Takaungu, and the second is me standing outside the hut where my sister lived for a month!

No comments: